8.06.2004

the fam

Last weekend, my mom and her husband, and my sister were here. We all loaded into my mom's car and drove over to Tulsa to attend one of our favorite cousin's wedding. In the process we got to spend time with the rest of our favorite cousins and their families and really had a blast.

I only have my sister, Celia, as a sibling. We really have a great relationship and love the chance to spend time together. This particular family is my mom's youngest sister's. Our cousins in that family are an oldest brother (who got married this weekend) and 2 sisters.

Celia and I had so much fun hanging with all of them because we seldom get to see any of them anymore. Not for any reason other than the fact that we are busy. There's 6 kids of these two sisters and both of the families are just awesome. We were talking that this set of cousins are kind of like our "alternate reality" siblings that we only got to spend time with on occasions. Their kids feel like "alternate reality" nieces and nephews.

It was hard to leave. It's hard to have such a short time to try to re-connect with these extended siblings. I want to know them more and their kids more. It's weird that I don't know them more, and yet when we're together we have a relationship. There's no questions about that.

Random blog #37

No comments: