9.14.2005

this drives me nuts

I guess the local TV station have online polls all the time. Like, recently they asked if people thought the government should intervene with the high price of gasoline. Something like 600 people responded to the poll.

I saw on the news that the station had an online poll asking viewers their opinion of the Razorbacks Football team. More than 1200 people responded. The most responses they've ever had on an online poll.

I understand that I am in the minority by how little I give a rip about any sports, let alone college football. But the position and importance organized sports are given in our society grosses me out.

There...I said it. For all of my friends that are so excited that football season is upon us, please understand that I love you anyway.

No comments: