7.20.2006

Mr. Shacklett?

Ok, I know it's been way too long. I've said before that when I have big things weighing on my mind, it's difficult to share. So, I've had a really big thing and I'm finally free to share.

I'm in the midst of a big career change. I turn 35 in just a little more than a month. That's about the right time for a career change, right?

Anyway, I've been working on the Non-traditional Licensure program for teaching and I'm hoping to get a job teaching in a Middle School this fall. I've been in class everyday from 8am-3:30pm everyday since last Monday (not including weekend) and I'm pretty pooped.

The reason I'm sharing now is that I finally got all my test scores back, (long story for another time), so I'm officially in the program.

I'm also sharing now, because if anybody still reads this, I need all the prayers and good vibes you can send my way tomorrow.

THE job at THE school that I've thought I wanted from the beginning came up and I have an informal interview with Principal tomorrow at about 3pm. This is really the only job that I want and I want it BAD! I know that she's interviewing a lot of other people, but I think I can do it the best. I just hope I get a chance to show her that.

I'll keep you posted.

-shack

4 comments:

Brandon said...

DO IT!

I will be praying today, from 2:45 to 3:30 today for you my friend. I will ask God to give you THIS job at THIS school. He will open doors for you, Shack. You're ready.

Brandon said...

So have you heard anything?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek, it is good to find your website and read a little about your plans. I'm praying for you. Let us know! Love and hugs, Lynn Fulton

Brandon said...

C-TOWN!