1.13.2008

randomnity

-Great holiday break. I had two full weeks. Made treks to parents on both sides. Love and good fortune abounds. Sister came for 5 whole days, and even though she made me help her work on her record, it was still fun because that's almost the longest she's ever stayed with us.

-Was ready to get back to school last Sunday. I had a great attitude and felt rested and prepared. WRONG! last week may have been the most difficult in spite of the fact that nearly all of my problem students have transferred out of my class or moved. All I can think is that I've had a lot of congestion and didn't sleep well last week.

-Friday night, I watched the movie Jesus Camp. It was overwhelmingly depressing/horrifying/frustrating. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to deal with this. Can't stop thinking about it.

-I ordered the book, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" through interlibrary loan. I've seen the movie, and there's not a whole lot more there. But it's interesting to me that Cameron Crowe actually went back to high school undercover as a 22 year old and then wrote this book. It's even more interesting that this book is out of print and that if you ever even find a beat up old paperback copy of it, you'll probably pay $50 or more.

-I'm reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for the first time. Don't know why I haven't read it other than it seems weird that I wasn't required to read it in school at some point. I've never seen the movie either even though I've checked it out from the library a couple of times. I'm glad I've not seen the movie. I have a feeling it might end up being pretty high on my favorites list.

-Sent off two co-writes to TAXI for country listings. Neither got forwarded, but got some good feedback. I think we're going to try to fix one of them. More than anything, it's good that I've done something, even if it has been all because the co-writer keeps pushing.

-I just realized how inexpensively I could get into a PS2. That's tempting. 1)I would like to get guitar hero, 2)I could get tomb raider for even cheaper.

-Been contemplating a new computer purchase. However, I had to barebones my current machine before my sister got here, and it's been running better than it has for awhile. Can't decide if now's the time or not. Also having hard time deciding between desktop and laptop.

-I can't believe how big and growing NWA is and there still aren't any theatres playing "There Will Be Blood". This is a college town. Why in the world is there not an art theatre?

-Watch Bourne Ultimatum the other night. Those are pretty good flicks. Holly and I watched Waking Up in Reno again last night. That is a great movie. I know you've not heard of it. It's worth seeking out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man. First, if you get a laptop make sure you get a 7200 RPM hard drive. If you get a 5400 it will drag really bad and you won't be able to keep things in sync. You gotta upgrade to the 7200.

Second, give me some feedback on TAXI. I've visited their site but I've never signed up. Have you had a good experience with them? Let me know.