12.07.2004

currently reading

I finally finished Wizard & Glass which is the 4th book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I liked it and I'm really into this cycle of books, but I thought I was NEVER going to finish that one! And I've got 3 more to go!

I have at least 3 friends that have just recently finished the series and keep saying they want to talk about it, but I don't them to give anything away to me. So, I hope they still want to talk about it when I finally finish.

I already have the 5th book, Wolves of the Calla. But I've decided that before I jump into it, I'm going to take a break and read something else.

A friend told me about the book, Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. So, I went ahead and checked it out from the library, even though I was in the middle of W&G. Well, my check out time had run out, and I still hadn't finished W&G and I couldn't re-check the book because it's somebody else has put it on hold. Argh! So, I've just not taken it back to the library and I'm racking up over-due charges and fellow library patron is hating my guts.

Obviously, the book is a work of fiction. Can you imagine if the New Testament started with Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Biff?

So far, I'm really liking it. It's funny and silly, and not meant to be devotional fiction for the faithful by any means, but so far, it seems very respectful of Jesus and who he may have been as he was growing up.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: