3.18.2006

Escaping the Creative Ghetto

My friend, Jake, blogged about this article. It's pretty great. Here's a quote that I liked alot:


Entertainment is best when it poses compelling questions, when it is not a lesson for the viewer but a dialogue with the viewer. A movie can show the ramifications of a worldview, but it gets in real trouble when it starts articulating worldviews. Christians will never have real success in Hollywood until we accept that simply delivering the Truth will not help the audience. We must allow the audience to wrestle with the Truth. We need to have the simple trust of the sower who casts seeds out on the ground and then moves on, believing that somebody else will come along to till, weed, and harvest.

Why is it that people of faith have so little faith in people?


This whole article could also be talking about music and the music industry. I realize it's still difficult for some people to grasp, but I'm encouraged that some one else is talking about it. Not to mention that this article is in Christianity Today. Hopefully, this will help CT's readers to better thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if you remember me? Have I left your thoughts completely? Just wondering? Have things Changed? Do you still feel the same? I've stayed away? I don't even read your blog anymore, so I really don't know. I'm not even going to read it now...just really a passing thought. Has it been long enough or do you still want me to stay away?
SW

Anonymous said...

Satan is still married and still seeking to do evil. Back to the pit of darkness with you, SW. *hiss* *snarl* Your forked tongue is showing, your pointed tail. *snarl* *snap* Back into the chasm of pharisee shadow, thou fiend!