3.14.2006

"You're Beautiful" but this song still sucks!

"You're Beautiful
You're Beautiful
You're Beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face, in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do;
Cuz I'll never be with you." -James Blunt

These are the profound lyrics of the modern singer/songwriter. (GAG!!!)

I'm sorry, there has got to be SERIOUS payola going on somewhere for this song to be played on the radio so much. The guy looks like a serial killer, his voice is annoying, the melody to this song is amazing in its stupidity only because it is trumped in it's stupidity by those horrid lyrics.

Come on, those lyrics sound like something a sensitive 6th grade boy would write in his first attempts to write a song/poem and realized he could rhyme "face" and "place". (no offense to sensitive 6th grade boys)

The real question is "why this guy"? There are hundreds of great singer/songwriters who have put out their first records this past year and there have got to be artists/songs that are better than this idiot. I mean, I can name half a dozen singer/songwriters with brand new records that make this guy sound like the no-talent loser he is. (off the top of my head, I'm thinking that rhett miller and glenn phillps and bruce springsteen have all put out new solo albums recently, how come none of them are getting played once an hour?)

Holly's radio woke me up this morning and this dumb-ass song was playing. I may need to take some kind of anger management class for when I hear hear it.

5 comments:

Jake T said...

it sounds like coldplay.

that's why.

Anonymous said...

Now, come on, jake. That's not fair to Coldplay.

--cakey

Brandon said...

Hey Shack, have you heard this new awesome song by this guy named James Bl....

DANG IT! I DID IT AGAIN! IDIOT!

Anonymous said...

This is why you must turn the Radio OFF. Unless it's Sunday morning and you are listening to This American Life. It's especially bad idea to WAKE UP to radio songs. Your day is ruined from the start!

Anonymous said...

Poor shack, it was MY radio that ruined his day. I usually wake up to NPR but lately I had not been able to get it on my alarm clock (until last night). However, I DO love waking up to the unexpected tune by U2 or something like Footloose which makes me smile & giggle a litte!

I'm sad about this blog because ever since it's been posted, this yuckky song rings in my head, over and over! Thanks alot!

Let's hear about how great The Choir concert was!!!!!!!!!!