12.06.2007

WTF??!!

How can I not be profoundly annoyed and use such strong txt-speak for the fact that our local news spent the first full 5 minutes of their 10pm broadcast informing the viewing audience that the Razorbacks still don't have football coach? Are you kidding me?

Usually I'm just blissfully oblivious to society's ridiculous preoccupation with organized sports and at most I may get mildly annoyed. However...

We're at war. We're starting into an election year. Gas prices are soaring and car manufacturers are still getting rich off people who go way into debt to drive vehicles that get a whopping 10 mpg. A 19 year old kid just killed 9 people in a mall. It's cold outside. I saw people standing on the side of the road with signs asking for help on the way home today. I'm trying to teach an alarming number of 7th graders who barely read as well as nuffy's 4 year old son and I don't know how I'm going to pay my dental bills. I don't care what you talk about, just talk about something more important than lamenting not being able to hire some guy for $X million to coach f-ing football. For the love of pete, grab just the tiniest bit of perspective.

Are you kidding me?

1 comment:

Trevor said...

all those serious issues are part of the reason that people need forms of entertainment like sports. and of course you expect local news to cover local stuff and let the network cover national and world news. still, they certainly overdo it. i'm sure you aren't exaggerating their spending the first five minutes on it.