1.21.2005

Thanks For Nothin' in the studio

So, I've been slow on bloggin lately. I'm really not good at multi-tasking. Last week, Chris and I spent a day visiting almost all the music stores in NW Arkansas and putting up posters and handing out cards to get the word out about East Hall Recording (www.easthall.com)

This is kind of weird for me in that it's the closest thing to an actual "business venture" I've ever had a part in. Obviously, since it's been so long since I've had what anybody would call a job, I've kind of accidently found myself being my own boss and "running a business" whether it was booking gigs and selling CDs or producing records for other artists out of my home studio.

This is different in that there's more riding on this than keeping me and Holly afloat. I have a partner, and the facility has overhead. scary...

Anyway, the "promotional day tour" went really well. We talked to a lot of people and happened onto a number of people who mentioned they were needing to get their respective band into the studio (and have we got a studio for you....)

Saturday, we had our first "official" recording session with a great local band called Thanks for Nothin'. They're a great bunch of guys that are writing really good songs and the lead singer is incredible. We're wrapping up some overdubs on Saturday and then Chris and I will mix the 5 songs that we've done.

So, that's what I've been up to.

Other than that, I finished Song of Susannah last night and am starting The Dark Tower, the final book in the series, tonight.

No comments: