5.03.2005

bright eyes?

Ok. I don't get it. I saw Bright Eyes last night on Jay Leno. I hate the kid's voice and his songs have virtually no melody to speak of in my opinion. Why in the world is this kid from Omaha playing solo on Leno and opening for Bruce Springsteen?

Maybe I have an idea what's going on. The song he "sang" was called When the President talks to God. It was so "controversial" and "edgy" it actually dared to criticize and ridicule the President AND God all at the same time! (gasp!) It even had a naughty word that they had to bleep out!!!!

It was so edgy that he actually had people cheering for him throughout the performance.

You've heard the question: If a tree falls in the forest with nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Here's another: If you play your edgy/controversial/unmelodic/important song for a bunch of people who think the same way you do, is it still edgy/controversial? Is it a song? Is it important?

No comments: