5.19.2005

Star Wars-Revenge of the Sith

We went to the theatre about 10:40 last night and there were probably 200 people already standing in line to get seats. We didn't really have to wait outside that long; I think they let us into the theatre about 11pm. Holly and I were with our friend James and Melissa and we got pretty good seats together off to one side. All I know is that I had been getting more and more excited all day, and by the time we were sitting in our seats, I felt pretty giddy on the inside.

What can I say? Star Wars connects me to my childhood like nothing else in my life. Was it perfect? Of course not. Was the dialogue any better? not really. In fact, some of the love story/romantic dialogue was probably the worst yet. But, Holy Shnikies! I LOVED IT!

George Lucas is often villified for everything from crappy dialogue to poor editing. It's not like I'm a student of movie making and know exactly what he's talking about when he says these movies are made in the style of the old saturday afternoon serials. But, I think I can understand it a little bit. And for me, he's come up with a great story. Not just this movie, but the whole Star Wars universe. It's a great, legendary story which is lacking in so many movies that have come out as of late.

Thanks, George. May the Force be with you.

No comments: