10.05.2005

immutable truth

The older I get, the less important it seems to me to hold a great number of "bedrock" beliefs. There are a number of things that I believe strongly and passionately, but I have less and less faith in my own perspective and my ability to completely understand any given topic. Consequently, I think a key to learning and growing would be staying open to possibilities that my own conclusions may need tweaked as new information presents itself.

However, this morning I realized one particular truth that I don't ever believe will be tweaked. If I ever have kids of my own, I look forward to passing this bit of wisdom on to them and hope that it will become a part of their lives as it has mine:

Picky people pick Peter Pan peanut butter. It's the peanut butter picky people pick.

Live it. Love it.

No comments: