10.04.2005

shack & the blackhearts...and joan jett

So, last Friday, I was knocking around the house a little depressed because I kept thinking: "I need to make some money this weekend. How am I going to make some money this weekend? It's already friday, I can't book a gig, I can't book somebody in the studio, and there are no piano moves needed." Then, I get a phone call.

It's this guy, Hal, whom I've met once, who has a limo service. He says that his business is crazy busy this weekend with Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville. They're shuttling people back and forth from Dickson street and all sorts of things. They've also got the contract for shuttling around the for big band performing at the Amp on Friday and Saturday night and they're short one driver. Would I be interested in driving a 15 passenger van down to Fort Smith to pick up Blue Oyster Cult from the airport on Saturday? He can pay me somewhere between $15-$20/hour and he can get me tickets to the shows if I want.

ummm...YES!

So, Holly and I went to see SteppenWolf & Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on Friday night! Steppenwolf were not that great, especially since they didn't have a bass player and the bass was sequenced. But Joan Jett ROCKED!

So, then in the middle of Joan's set, (actually right as she was starting "I Love Rock-n-Roll", Hal comes and finds me and says there's been some scheduling changes and asks if I can take Joan & the Blackhearts to the airport in the morning before heading to Ft. Smith to pick up Blue Oyster Cult.

ummm...YES!!

So, I needed some money and the work I found was to drive around rock stars. It could be much worse.

No comments: