10.27.2005

Music industry still singing the blues - Yahoo! News

Two headlines popped up on my "yahoo! news" this morning. I linked the first above.

The headline right below it?

"Ashlee [Simpson]:'I Am' No. 1" (the article is about Simpson's new CD being #1 in Billboard sales right now.)

Is it so hard to see the correlation? Nobody wants to buy the perfectly packaged crap [a la Simpson] the music industry has been feeding consumers.

This may seem backwards, I mean her CD is number 1. But, the point is that music sales are way down, and even if her sales are number 1, they're still pitifully low especially considering how much money her label put up to market her. (my guess would be $2 million or more, but that's just a guess)

This may only seem relevant to me, but you can go back to whatever you were doing, now.

No comments: