6.07.2004

name calling and other misunderstandings...

Sorry it's taken me a little while to get back to this; it's been a busy weekend.

However, this blog and this thread of conversation have never been far from my mind. I've thought a lot SW and what he/she is asking me. That's caused me to be doing a lot of self-evaluation. Also, simply because of human nature, I couldn't keep myself from spending a lot of mental energy on wondering who SW might be.

Now that I think I finally have a clearer idea of the questions/concerns SW is bringing up, I really appreciate and welcome the opportunity share my thoughts and ideas about them.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to address those things on the blog.

The one thing I wanted say quickly is this: I think that a number of people have been upset by SW's comments because they seemed to be an attack on me. Consequently, some of my friends, who may know me a little better, or may just have a clearer picture of me and my music, in coming to my defense have made SW feel attacked and defensive.

Believe me when I say I've read all of these comments a lot! And I really don't think SW was attacking me. Neither do I, because I know these people, think that Jeff or T-Rev or Kenny or anybody else were actually attacking SW back.

SW, if you knew Jeff Miller, you'd know that some of the wacky things he says/types are just because he's wacky. I realized that if you didn't know him, some of the stuff that he typed might seem really aggressive. Just like SW's comments seemed kind of aggressive to me (and others) simply because I (we) don't know (or know we know) SW.

Honestly, it seems to me that most (if not all) of the animosity all around stems from SW's anonymity.

Now, I'm not saying that to say, "Reveal thyself!" I just want you (SW) to know that I really welcome conversation on this particular topic. I know that you feel that if you would have contacted me privately, even in email, where I knew who you are, I'd be mad. Honestly, I don't think that is the case. I also think that the anonymous post is what caused the most defensiveness in me.

argh. I'm out of time. I'll write more later.

No comments: