6.02.2004

Silently Watching...publicly commenting

Well. How do I begin to respond to this? I'm sorry that you don't like the blog...? I'm sorry that the blog has diminished my image as an artist for you...?

I'm struggling with the urge to defend myself. I'm struggling with trying not to feel attacked. I'm struggling with taking criticism for my perceived "fence-riding" when it's coming from an anonymous post in a "public" forum.
I'm struggling with the urge to remove the comments of this well-meaning (?) individual, but I'm afraid that would be the easy way to respond (or not respond as the case would be).

I guess you don't have to worry about me hating you because I don't even know who you are.

I'd like to respond to many points, but I'm very distracted by trying to figure out who posted this and what "what others are too afraid to say" the same things.

More to come when I can organize my thoughts a little better.

No comments: